A cute, whimsical pattern for your nursery: Bear On The Moon
This Bear On The Moon crochet pattern is likely to draw a smile on your face, especially if you adore whimsical-themed nursery decoration.
Bear often reminds us of our childhood and evokes feelings of warmth and comfort. That’s why toys, clothes, or home items with bear designs can easily tap nostalgia, bringing back cherished memories and creating a sense of coziness and security.
Because of this woodland animal’s charming and endearing appeal, I decided to make another crochet bear design.
It’s the new addition to my growing collection of bear crochet patterns!
This time, I opt for a more subtle, almost magical design that will add a charmingly unique vibe to your little one’s room. It features a small adorable bear that is out for an adventure, exploring the skies and climbing the moon.
I also added a couple of cute little stars in the background to complete this precious nursery crochet design, and I love the way it turned out. What do you think?
With this crochet bear pattern, you’ll be able to make lots of fun and functional items for your home. It also works great for making sweet baby shower gifts, too!
It makes a wonderful baby blanket that brings comfort and warmth to little ones. Whether it’s in the crib, stroller, or during tummy time, this blanket will keep the baby snug as a bug.
You can also transform it into a tapestry decorative piece and hang it on the nursery walls.
As your child grows, this blanket can become a lovely lap blanket. Something they can snuggle up on the couch while reading a book or watching their favorite shows.
The bear on the moon design adds a touch of cuteness to any part of your home and makes it even cozier.
And if you decide to make a big bear c2c blanket out of this pattern, it can also serve as a fantastic prop for newborn or baby photo shoots. The feel-good design adds an extra dose of charm to the pictures, making them even more adorable and memorable.
If you’d like to know more about c2c crochet, I have a guide for beginners that’s complete with video tutorials and tips about this technique.
In addition to adjusting the size and selecting other color palettes, there are other ways to personalize this bear crochet blanket further.
You can add delightful details such as tassels, pom-poms, or extra star appliques, giving your creation a unique touch that reflects your style and creativity.
Are you excited to start on this project? If so, I’ve provided a free crochet bear graph for you below. You can easily access and download the chart in either JPG format or as a single-page PDF.
I would be thrilled to see how you transform this pattern into something truly special and beautiful.
So, please feel free to share your creations with me by tagging @magicyarnpixels on Instagram or Facebook. I can’t wait to see your crochet bear creations. Enjoy!
Bear On The Moon is a digital download (available in PDF format only) that you can use to crochet a blanket using various techniques, such as C2C, Mini C2C, SC, HDC, Tapestry Crochet, etc.
You can also use this design for other crafts such as knitting, cross-stitch, diamond beads painting, Hama beads, plastic canvas, and any other crafts that use pixelated images.
Please note, that this post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small percentage if you purchase any item through the links on this site, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Scroll down to read more about this pattern and to get the Free Graph for this design.
If you like this design, please Share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest here. Tag me @magicyarnpixels with your finished items, I would love to see how yours turn out.
Bear On The Moon pattern details
Bear On The Moon Graph and finished project sizes
The size of the Bear On The Moon graph is 100 squares high by 80 squares wide.
The finished size of your project depends on your technique, stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, and your work tension.
The yarn quantities needed for each color vary depending on the following: your technique and stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, and work tension.
Use the Finished Size & Yarn Quantity Calculator to get an idea of how much yarn you will need and how big your project will be.
Color Palette for Bear On The Moon design
I originally created this design with neutral colors such as white, yellow, black, beige, and brown. But, you can opt for other shades to adapt the look of the blanket based on your liking and the recipient’s gender.
I’ve calculated the number of squares used by each color to make it easier for you to calculate how much yarn you will need to complete your project.
When you purchase the PDF Pattern from my Etsy shop, you will get:
- graph information (colors, links to calculators, contact info) and how to read the pattern
- digital image of the design on one page (digitally edited photo, not a picture of the finished item)
- the graph on one page
- written row by row pattern for tapestry crochet
- row by row color block pattern for tapestry crochet
- C2C written pattern with details such as working on the right or wrong side of the pattern, total square count per row, if you are making an increase or decrease row, etc.
- C2C color block pattern with color blocks that show you the number of squares to make and the squares’ orders
- the large graph split on multiple pages (4 or more pages)
Not included in the pattern file:
- yarn quantities – this depends on the yarn and technique you are using and it’s up to you and your taste if you want to do this design in c2c crochet, mini c2c, etc. Depending on the chosen technique, you will need different quantities of yarn which you can calculate using the yarn quantities calculators above.
- yarn and hook suggestions – this design can be made with any yarn brand and hook, the only difference will be the size of your project which you can calculate using the finished size calculators above.
- crochet tutorials such as how to c2c crochet etc – I might be linking to outside video tutorials to show you certain techniques, but this pattern is not designed to teach you how to crochet a certain technique.
Bear On The Moon free graph download
Download the one page graph below for free. It comes in handy if you’d like to give this project a try and keep track of your progress.
If you need the full row-by-row written pattern and the large graph on multiple pages, you can buy it from Magic Yarn Pixels Etsy Shop.
Right-click on the image to download the Bear On The Moon Chart on one page in PNG format.
Buy the multipage graph & written pattern for Bear On The Moon
Get the complete pattern below, including the row-by-row written pattern, color block pattern, and large graph on multiple pages.
Choose the option that suits you best to create a beautiful blanket for your home.
Includes PDF Pattern + Help & Support
* TAX is added to the price based on your country of residence.
Love graphs? Want more value for your money? Join my Patreon family!
Your membership offers you 10 or 5 full PDF written patterns with multipage graph as sold in my shop. Below you can see this month’s crochet patterns.
Don’t forget to Pin this design for later and Share it with your friends. Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook for more designs.
Looking For Similar Designs?
- Crochet Jellyfish Pattern free C2C Graph
- C2C Crochet Pikachu Pokémon Blanket Free Pattern
- Corner To Corner Crochet Whitetail Deer Blanket With Free C2C Crochet Graph
- Fun Crochet Baby Blanket: Rubber Ducks In A Row C2C Pattern
- Balloon Dog C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Peek-A-Boo Teddy Bear C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Sleepy Little Teddy Bear C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Gold Fish In A Bowl C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
The pattern and images in this blog are the property of Magic Yarn Pixels, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. They are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc). Mass production of items using my designs is not allowed without my written approval. You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any circumstances.