Pawsitively adorable design: Boston Terrier
I created this Boston Terrier crochet design for dog lovers, especially for people who own this adorable dog breed.
Boston Terriers are small, intelligent, and affectionate dogs that are popular pets for many reasons. If you own one, you would know how friendly and sociable these dogs are. They make excellent companions for families, seniors, and individuals, basically everyone.
Plus, they look so cute! Their short black and white coat, distinctive white blaze on the forehead, and bat-like ears give them a unique and recognizable appearance.
Inspired by their expressive and friendly look, together with my appreciation for all small dog owners, this Boston Terrier crochet pattern is born.
I designed the print using minimal shades—black, white, and beige, making it a versatile handmade piece you can display anywhere in your home. The classic color combo on a muted background will likely blend with the rest of your home decoration seamlessly.
Switching the original colors to your favorite shades is one of the easiest ways to personalize this project. If you’re feeling extra creative, you can also embroider your pup’s name on the blanket or crochet a paw applique for embellishment.
Creating a custom crochet blanket with a Boston Terrier dog design is a fun and rewarding project that allows you to show off your creativity and love for these adorable pups.
They make great gifts, too! If you have a friend or family who has this kind of dog, making and gifting this project to them will be such a thoughtful, sweet gesture.
Because this is a beginner-friendly crochet pattern, you can give this a try regardless of your skill level. Whether you’re a novice or a long-time crocheter, this is a charming design you’ll likely enjoy.
The pattern is written in two ways: C2C and row-by-row. The C2C pattern is ideal if you plan to transform this design into bedding like a huge blanket, and the latter is great for making tapestry wall hanging.
Either way, you’ll be able to create a special project showcasing your beloved pup. The pattern also comes with small and large graphs to further help you.
And if you need additional tips about corner-to-corner technique, I have an in-depth guide on C2C crochet on this website you can check out anytime.
Ready to try out this project? Scroll down to grab your free Boston Terrier crochet graph below. Happy crocheting!
Boston Terrier is a digital download (available in PDF format only) that you can use to crochet a blanket using various techniques, such as C2C, Mini C2C, SC, HDC, Tapestry Crochet etc.
You can also use this design for other crafts such as knitting, cross-stitch, diamond beads painting, hama beads, plastic canvas, and any other crafts that use pixelated images.
Please note, that this post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small percentage if you purchase any item through the links on this site, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Scroll down to read more about this pattern and to get the Free Graph for this design.
If you like this design, please Share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest here. Tag me @magicyarnpixels with your finished items, I would love to see how yours turn out.
Boston Terrier pattern details
Boston Terrier Graph and finished project sizes
The size of the Boston Terrier graph is 100 squares high by 80 squares wide.
Based on your stitch of choice, hook size, yarn, and tension, your project might result in different sizes.
The yarn quantities you need for each color will depend on different factors like your technique and stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, and work tension.
Use the Finished Size & Yarn Quantity Calculator to get an idea of how much yarn you will need and how big your project will be.
Color Palette for Boston Terrier design
The original graph uses three colors: beige, white, and black, but you can use your own color palette.
I’ve calculated the number of squares used by each color to make it easier for you to calculate how much yarn you will need to complete your project.
When you purchase the PDF Pattern from my Etsy shop, you will get:
- graph information (colors, links to calculators, contact info) and how to read the pattern
- digital image of the design on one page (digitally edited photo, not a picture of the finished item)
- the graph on one page
- written row by row pattern for tapestry crochet
- row by row color block pattern for tapestry crochet
- C2C written pattern with details such as working on the right or wrong side of the pattern, total square count per row, if you are making an increase or decrease row, etc.
- C2C color block pattern with color blocks that show you the number of squares to make and the squares’ orders
- the large graph split on multiple pages (4 or more pages)
Not included in the pattern file:
- yarn quantities – this depends on the yarn and technique you are using and it’s up to you and your taste if you want to do this design in c2c crochet, mini c2c, etc. Depending on the chosen technique, you will need different quantities of yarn which you can calculate using the yarn quantities calculators above.
- yarn and hook suggestions – this design can be made with any yarn brand and hook, the only difference will be the size of your project which you can calculate using the finished size calculators above.
- crochet tutorials such as how to c2c crochet etc – I might be linking to outside video tutorials to show you certain techniques, but this pattern is not designed to teach you how to crochet a certain technique.
Boston Terrier free graph download
Want to give this design a try? Download the one page graph which you can use to keep track of your progress.
If you need the full row-by-row written pattern and the large graph on multiple pages, you can buy it from Magic Yarn Pixels Etsy Shop.
Right-click on the image to download the Boston Terrier Chart on one page in PNG format.
Buy the multipage graph & written pattern for Boston Terrier
Get the complete pattern below, including the row-by-row written pattern, color block pattern, and large graph on multiple pages.
Choose the option that suits you best to create a beautiful blanket for your home.
Includes PDF Pattern + Help & Support
* TAX is added to the price based on your country of residence.
Love graphs? Want more value for your money? Join my Patreon family!
Your membership offers you 10 or 5 full PDF written patterns with multipage graph as sold in my shop. Below you can see this month’s crochet patterns.
Don’t forget to Pin this design for later and Share it with your friends. Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook for more designs.
Looking For Similar Designs?
- Crochet Jellyfish Pattern free C2C Graph
- C2C Crochet Pikachu Pokémon Blanket Free Pattern
- Corner To Corner Crochet Whitetail Deer Blanket With Free C2C Crochet Graph
- Fun Crochet Baby Blanket: Rubber Ducks In A Row C2C Pattern
- Balloon Dog C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Peek-A-Boo Teddy Bear C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Sleepy Little Teddy Bear C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Gold Fish In A Bowl C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
The pattern and images in this blog are the property of Magic Yarn Pixels, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. They are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc). Mass production of items using my designs is not allowed without my written approval. You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any circumstances.