Give your nursery a little makeover with this Alphabet Blocks design
This Alphabet Blocks design is among the ultimate choices if you need a crochet pattern for a baby shower or a young child’s birthday.
Alphabet blocks are often associated with babies because they are a classic toy for young children, and they have many features that are well-suited to the developmental needs of the little ones.
It’s because of those same reasons that I like incorporating them into crochet designs. I’ve previously made the Baby Alphabet Mosaic pattern which features a similar print to this one, but it’s originally in pastel colors.
This time, I want to share with you a bright, colorful design that would catch capture a baby’s attention right away. Not only is this print visually stimulating, but it is also a fun way to introduce and teach the kids the letters of the alphabet.
The color palette consists of bold shades—red, green, blue, and yellow—and has a clean white background to put all the colors together and make the print cohesive.
There are plenty of ways you can use this design to decorate your baby’s room and help your kid’s language and literacy development.
As I’ve mentioned earlier, this pattern is perfect for creating an alphabet crochet baby blanket. Similarly, the educational print makes it an eye-catching and practical nursery wall hanging to keep around at home.
So if you’re looking for a sweet, handmade gift for an expecting mom or want to crochet something special for your baby, I highly recommend you give this project a try.
The customization possibilities for this design are endless—you’ll have a wonderful time making it!
You can choose a different color combination from mine and make the blanket uniquely yours. With the 30 blocks (including the hearts) featured in this alphabet crochet design, you’ll have fun picking what colors to use for each block.
And if you’re gifting this to soon-to-be parents, you can adapt the colors based on the coming baby’s gender.
You can also embroider the recipient’s name, birthdate, a special quote, or a message of love on the white parts of the blanket to make it more heartfelt and personalized.
It doesn’t matter if you’re new to crocheting and the corner-to-corner technique, this is a beginner-friendly pattern that’s easy to follow.
It comes with small and large graphs to help you track your progress and offers you two options to complete your project.
You can opt to do tapestry crochet and use the row-by-row pattern or try c2c crochet with the c2c pattern. If you prefer the latter, I have a detailed C2C crochet guide, complete with video tutorials and tips, you can check out.
I cannot wait to see your creation and what you made of this design! Scroll down to get your free crochet alphabet chart and start your project. Happy crocheting!
Alphabet Blocks is a digital download (available in PDF format only) that you can use to crochet a blanket using various techniques, such as C2C, Mini C2C, SC, HDC, Tapestry Crochet, etc.
You can also use this design for other crafts such as knitting, cross-stitch, diamond beads painting, Hama beads, plastic canvas, and any other crafts that use pixelated images.
Please note, that this post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small percentage if you purchase any item through the links on this site, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Scroll down to read more about this pattern and to get the Free Graph for this design.
If you like this design, please Share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest here. Tag me @magicyarnpixels with your finished items, I would love to see how yours turn out.
Alphabet Blocks pattern details
Alphabet Blocks Graph and finished project sizes
The size of the Alphabet Blocks graph is 100 squares high by 80 squares wide.
The size of your completed project depends on many things, such as stitch of choice, hook size, yarn, and tension.
Similarly, each color’s yarn quantity varies depending on the technique and stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, and work tension.
Use the Finished Size & Yarn Quantity Calculator to get an idea of how much yarn you will need and how big your project will be.
Color Palette for Alphabet Blocks design
I created this design using 5 colors: white, red, green, blue, and yellow, but you can change the color palette according to your needs and preference.
I’ve calculated the number of squares used by each color to make it easier for you to calculate how much yarn you will need to complete your project.
When you purchase the PDF Pattern from my Etsy shop, you will get:
- graph information (colors, links to calculators, contact info) and how to read the pattern
- digital image of the design on one page (digitally edited photo, not a picture of the finished item)
- the graph on one page
- written row by row pattern for tapestry crochet
- row by row color block pattern for tapestry crochet
- C2C written pattern with details such as working on the right or wrong side of the pattern, total square count per row, if you are making an increase or decrease row, etc.
- C2C color block pattern with color blocks that show you the number of squares to make and the squares’ orders
- the large graph split on multiple pages (4 or more pages)
Not included in the pattern file:
- yarn quantities – this depends on the yarn and technique you are using and it’s up to you and your taste if you want to do this design in c2c crochet, mini c2c, etc. Depending on the chosen technique, you will need different quantities of yarn which you can calculate using the yarn quantities calculators above.
- yarn and hook suggestions – this design can be made with any yarn brand and hook, the only difference will be the size of your project which you can calculate using the finished size calculators above.
- crochet tutorials such as how to c2c crochet etc – I might be linking to outside video tutorials to show you certain techniques, but this pattern is not designed to teach you how to crochet a certain technique.
Alphabet Blocks free graph download
Want to give this design a try? Download the one page graph which you can use to keep track of your progress.
If you need the full row-by-row written pattern and the large graph on multiple pages, you can buy it from Magic Yarn Pixels Etsy Shop.
Right-click on the image to download the Alphabet Blocks Chart on one page in PNG format.
Buy the multipage graph & written pattern for Alphabet Blocks
Get the complete pattern below, including the row-by-row written pattern, color block pattern, and large graph on multiple pages.
Choose the option that suits you best to create a beautiful blanket for your home.
Includes PDF Pattern + Help & Support
* TAX is added to the price based on your country of residence.
Love graphs? Want more value for your money? Join my Patreon family!
Your membership offers you 10 or 5 full PDF written patterns with multipage graph as sold in my shop. Below you can see this month’s crochet patterns.
Don’t forget to Pin this design for later and Share it with your friends. Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook for more designs.
Looking For Similar Designs?
- Decorate Your Home With A Beautiful Nordic Winter Blanket: Free Graph Included
- Beautiful Modern Blue Chevron C2C Crochet Pattern With Free Graph
- Green Festive Plaid Crochet Blanket: Pattern And Free Graph
- LGBTQ+ Pride Flag C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Retro Diamonds & Hearts C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Fading Diamonds C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Canada Maple Leaf C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Alphabet Blocks C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
The pattern and images in this blog are the property of Magic Yarn Pixels, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. They are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc). Mass production of items using my designs is not allowed without my written approval. You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any circumstances.