Make holidays fun with this Christmas Grinch With Ornament
Let me tell you about this exciting Christmas Grinch With Ornament crochet pattern! I’ve been creating designs in preparation for the holidays, deciding which merry motifs I should include this year, and I can’t help but make another Grinch-inspired pattern.
Despite being the antagonist of the story, the Grinch’s design and personality have a certain charm that just draws me in. And if you’ve seen most of my designs, you’d know how much I adore him.
I think it all started with the Christmas Grinch Graph. I had so much fun creating that one, and I’m so happy that it’s one of my most loved designs up to date.
So last year, I made another one. At that time, I was hoping to come up with a similar design but with a more Christmassy vibe and festive detail. And lo and behold, the Christmas Grinch With Santa Hat idea was born!
Knowing that both patterns are well-received and make great whimsical projects for Christmastime, it’s an easy decision for me to create this crochet Christmas Grinch With Ornament design.
Unlike the previous ones, this crochet Grinch pattern doesn’t focus on the iconic character’s face, but rather on his furry green hand and playful gesture.
I went with the popular Grinch green color and infused some bold red shades for a vibrant, cheery color combination. Then I opted to use white for the background, leaving it sleek and clean for you to customize.
You can make the project as is, or take it up a notch and add some pizzazz to it. You can try switching the white background color to a bright yellow or make some star appliques and sew them on your blanket for additional dimension.
Also, you can focus on the ornament hanging from the Grinch’s hand and personalize its design. Instead of a plain red round ball, you can add embellishments like beads or sequins on it and make it realistic-looking.
As this pattern is fun and versatile, you can transform it into a variety of crochet creations and crafts.
It can be made into a c2c Grinch crochet blanket and be draped over a couch or chair in the living room, providing a festive touch to your holiday decor while keeping you and your guests warm and comfortable.
You can also crochet a baby blanket with this Grinch crochet pattern. The little ones will particularly enjoy this eye-catching design. It can be used in their bedrooms or play areas during the holiday season, or accompany them on car rides or trips as a comforting travel blanket.
Whether it’s for children or adults, this is a unique Christmas crochet creation to enjoy!
With this pattern written in two different ways, it is an absolute delight to use for projects. The row-by-row and c2c patterns offer you the opportunity to explore different techniques and complete your project using the method that suits you best.
If you enjoy tapestry crochet and have your eyes set on creating Christmas wall hangings or cozy small blankets, the row-by-row pattern is the perfect fit for you.
On the other hand, if you’re up for a bigger challenge and want to crochet something like bedding or a large blanket, the c2c pattern is the way to go!
If you’re more interested to do the latter, I’ve got you covered with this complete guide to c2c crochet. From understanding how to read the pattern to exploring c2c crochet pattern variations, this guide has everything you need to become a c2c crochet pro.
Are you ready to embrace the spirit of Christmas with this Grinch C2C crochet pattern? Scroll down to grab your free Grinch chart below. Enjoy!
Christmas Grinch With Ornament is a digital download (available in PDF format only) that you can use to crochet a blanket using various techniques, such as C2C, Mini C2C, SC, HDC, Tapestry Crochet, etc.
You can also use this design for other crafts such as knitting, cross-stitch, diamond beads painting, Hama beads, plastic canvas, and any other crafts that use pixelated images.
Please note, that this post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small percentage if you purchase any item through the links on this site, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Scroll down to read more about this pattern and to get the Free Graph for this design.
If you like this design, please Share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest here. Tag me @magicyarnpixels with your finished items, I would love to see how yours turn out.
Christmas Grinch With Ornament pattern details
Christmas Grinch With Ornament graph and finished project sizes
The size of the Christmas Grinch With Ornament graph is 100 squares high by 80 squares wide.
Your final project’s size depends on many things, such as your technique, chosen stitch, hook size, yarn weight, and work tension.
The same factors above: chosen technique, stitch, hook size, yarn weight, and work tension, all affect the yarn quantities used for each color.
Use the Finished Size & Yarn Quantity Calculator to get an idea of how much yarn you will need and how big your project will be.
Color palette for Christmas Grinch With Ornament design
I used burgundy, red, green, black, and white for the original graph, but you can change the color palette according to your liking.
I’ve calculated the number of squares used by each color to make it easier for you to calculate how much yarn you will need to complete your project.
When you purchase the PDF Pattern from my Etsy shop, you will get:
- graph information (colors, links to calculators, contact info) and how to read the pattern
- digital image of the design on one page (digitally edited photo, not a picture of the finished item)
- the graph on one page
- written row by row pattern for tapestry crochet
- row by row color block pattern for tapestry crochet
- C2C written pattern with details such as working on the right or wrong side of the pattern, total square count per row, if you are making an increase or decrease row, etc.
- C2C color block pattern with color blocks that show you the number of squares to make and the squares’ orders
- the large graph split on multiple pages (4 or more pages)
Not included in the pattern file:
- yarn quantities – this depends on the yarn and technique you are using and it’s up to you and your taste if you want to do this design in c2c crochet, mini c2c, etc. Depending on the chosen technique, you will need different quantities of yarn which you can calculate using the yarn quantities calculators above.
- yarn and hook suggestions – this design can be made with any yarn brand and hook, the only difference will be the size of your project which you can calculate using the finished size calculators above.
- crochet tutorials such as how to c2c crochet etc – I might be linking to outside video tutorials to show you certain techniques, but this pattern is not designed to teach you how to crochet a certain technique.
Christmas Grinch With Ornament free graph download
Do you want to give this Christmas project a try? Download the free one-page graph below to get started.
If you need the full row-by-row written pattern and the large graph on multiple pages, you can buy it from Magic Yarn Pixels Etsy Shop.
Right-click on the image to download the Christmas Grinch With Ornament Chart on one page in PNG format.
Buy the multipage graph & written pattern for Christmas Grinch With Ornament
Get the complete pattern below, including the row-by-row written pattern, color block pattern, and large graph on multiple pages.
Choose the option that suits you best to create a beautiful blanket for your home.
Includes PDF Pattern + Help & Support
* TAX is added to the price based on your country of residence.
Love graphs? Want more value for your money? Join my Patreon family!
Your membership offers you 10 or 5 full PDF written patterns with multipage graph as sold in my shop. Below you can see this month’s crochet patterns.
Don’t forget to Pin this design for later and Share it with your friends. Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook for more designs.
Looking For Similar Designs?
- Christmas Red Tartan C2C Crochet Pattern with Free Graph
- C2C Crochet Blanket Pattern With Free Chart: Festive Triangles
- Crochet a Cardinal Stained Glass Blanket for Christmas (Free Graph)
- Crochet a Santa Portrait Blanket for Christmas (Free Graph)
- Christmas Grinch Girl With Santa Hat C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Christmas Grinch With Ornament C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Penguin Santa C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Christmas Bells C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
The pattern and images in this blog are the property of Magic Yarn Pixels, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. They are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc). Mass production of items using my designs is not allowed without my written approval. You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any circumstances.