C2C Christmas Cardinal Stained Glass Crochet Pattern: A Stunning Addition to Your Holiday Decor
Use this Christmas Cardinal Stained Glass crochet pattern in a project, and deck your halls with a touch of festive whimsy and nature-inspired beauty.
Cardinals are iconic symbols of Christmas and winter, with their vibrant red plumage instantly reminding us of the holiday season’s warmth and coziness.
Because of how elegant and festive Christmas cardinals look, I was inspired to create a design that incorporates their beauty into your holiday decor.
This pattern features a gorgeous stained glass background with various green shades as the main color palette. Similar to Stained Glass Mushroom and Stained Glass Bird, the different shades blending in the background create a visual perfect for accent pieces.
To make the cardinal stand out, I opted for multiple colors of red, but feel free to experiment with different color combinations to match your holiday theme.
You can go for a classic and elegant look with gold and silver accents or add a playful touch with a rainbow of colors for a cheerful and festive vibe.
Whether you create a c2c cardinal blanket draped over your couch or a striking tapestry on your walls, the finished piece adds a touch of holiday magic to any room.
Plus, it makes the ultimate gift for your loved ones obsessed with the holidays and nature!
The full pattern includes both C2C and row-by-row versions in written and color block formats. And because of this, you can complete your project in whatever stitch and technique you prefer.
If you’re interested in the C2C crochet technique, a complete guide to C2C is available here on my blog. It has tips and tutorials to help you to master such a fun technique!
When you’re ready to get started on this festive project, grab your free stained glass crochet pattern chart below, and let’s make a beautiful Christmas blanket to remember.
Christmas Cardinal Stained Glass is a digital download (available in PDF format only) that you can use to crochet a blanket using various techniques, such as C2C, Mini C2C, SC, HDC, Tapestry Crochet, etc.
You can also use this design for other crafts such as knitting, cross-stitch, diamond beads painting, Hama beads, plastic canvas, and any other crafts that use pixelated images.
Please note, that this post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small percentage if you purchase any item through the links on this site, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Scroll down to read more about this pattern and to get the Free Graph for this design.
If you like this design, please Share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest here. Tag me @magicyarnpixels with your finished items, I would love to see how yours turn out.
Christmas Cardinal Stained Glass pattern details
Christmas Cardinal Stained Glass graph and finished project sizes
The size of the Christmas Cardinal Stained Glass graph is 100 squares high by 80 squares wide.
Your project’s final size is determined by your chosen stitch, hook size, yarn weight, technique, and tension while working.
Similarly, the yarn quantities used for each color depend on the factors above: your technique and stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, and work tension.
Use the Finished Size & Yarn Quantity Calculator to get an idea of how much yarn you will need and how big your project will be.
Color palette for Christmas Cardinal Stained Glass design
This pattern uses the following shades of red and green: olive, light green, mint green, green, dark red, red, and black as highlights. However, you can use your own color palette to match the rest of your holiday decor.
I’ve calculated the number of squares used by each color to make it easier for you to calculate how much yarn you will need to complete your project.
When you purchase the PDF Pattern from my Etsy shop, you will get:
- graph information (colors, links to calculators, contact info) and how to read the pattern
- digital image of the design on one page (digitally edited photo, not a picture of the finished item)
- the graph on one page
- written row by row pattern for tapestry crochet
- row by row color block pattern for tapestry crochet
- C2C written pattern with details such as working on the right or wrong side of the pattern, total square count per row, if you are making an increase or decrease row, etc.
- C2C color block pattern with color blocks that show you the number of squares to make and the squares’ orders
- the large graph split on multiple pages (4 or more pages)
Not included in the pattern file:
- yarn quantities – this depends on the yarn and technique you are using and it’s up to you and your taste if you want to do this design in c2c crochet, mini c2c, etc. Depending on the chosen technique, you will need different quantities of yarn which you can calculate using the yarn quantities calculators above.
- yarn and hook suggestions – this design can be made with any yarn brand and hook, the only difference will be the size of your project which you can calculate using the finished size calculators above.
- crochet tutorials such as how to c2c crochet etc – I might be linking to outside video tutorials to show you certain techniques, but this pattern is not designed to teach you how to crochet a certain technique.
Christmas Cardinal Stained Glass free graph download
Would you like to try this design? Simply download the free one-page graph below to get started and track your progress.
If you need the full row-by-row written pattern and the large graph on multiple pages, you can buy it from Magic Yarn Pixels Etsy Shop.
Right-click on the image to download the Christmas Cardinal Stained Glass Chart on one page in PNG format.
Buy the multipage graph & written pattern for Christmas Cardinal Stained Glass
Get the complete pattern below, including the row-by-row written pattern, color block pattern, and large graph on multiple pages.
Choose the option that suits you best to create a beautiful blanket for your home.
Includes PDF Pattern + Help & Support
* TAX is added to the price based on your country of residence.
Love graphs? Want more value for your money? Join my Patreon family!
Your membership offers you 10 or 5 full PDF written patterns with multipage graph as sold in my shop. Below you can see this month’s crochet patterns.
Don’t forget to Pin this design for later and Share it with your friends. Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook for more designs.
Looking For Similar Designs?
- Christmas Red Tartan C2C Crochet Pattern with Free Graph
- C2C Crochet Blanket Pattern With Free Chart: Festive Triangles
- Crochet a Cardinal Stained Glass Blanket for Christmas (Free Graph)
- Crochet a Santa Portrait Blanket for Christmas (Free Graph)
- Christmas Grinch Girl With Santa Hat C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Christmas Grinch With Ornament C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Penguin Santa C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Christmas Bells C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
The pattern and images in this blog are the property of Magic Yarn Pixels, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. They are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc). Mass production of items using my designs is not allowed without my written approval. You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any circumstances.