Check out our new design: Fading Diamonds
I love classic patterns that can stand the test of time, and this Fading Diamonds design is one of those. It’s timeless and sophisticated—the perfect pattern to use for heirloom afghans and gender-neutral baby blankets.
If you’ve been a long-time follower, you would know how much I love designing bold, colorful prints. I have a growing animal print collection, adorable nursery prints for babies, and unique ones for special occasions.
But this time, I would like to appreciate the basics and share a somewhat minimalist design with you.
Consisting of only two colors, white and gray, this crochet diamond pattern is a project that anyone can try.
It’s manageable and doesn’t require intricate colorwork, making it an ideal choice if you’re still building your crochet skills and wish to make something gorgeous.
Like the rest of my patterns, you can change the color combination if you want and make a version that can better express your style.
You can try a monochromatic look and use two shades of the same color. Another thing you can do is use two contrasting colors, such as blue and orange, black and white, yellow and purple, etc.
Also, depending on your preference and needs, this crochet diamond design can be transformed into small or big crochet items.
You can turn it into a precious little crochet baby blanket that’s perfect for baby showers, gender reveals, and other similar celebrations. And if you currently have a little one, the baby blanket is also an effective way to add a focal point in the nursery. It can be draped over a rocking chair or spread on the crib, it will look charming either way.
Because the pattern is also written for corner-to-corner crochet projects, you will not have problems making large c2c blankets or bedspreads with this print.
From multipage charts to color-block and written patterns, you’ll have everything you need to complete your work. I even have an extensive c2c crochet guide, specially designed for beginners, to make the process easier.
When you’re ready to give this project a try, simply scroll down to download the one-page crochet fading diamonds graph for free. And as always, happy crocheting!
Fading Diamonds is a digital download (available in PDF format only) that you can use to crochet a blanket using various techniques, such as C2C, Mini C2C, SC, HDC, Tapestry Crochet, etc.
You can also use this design for other crafts such as knitting, cross-stitch, diamond beads painting, Hama beads, plastic canvas, and any other crafts that use pixelated images.
Please note, that this post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small percentage if you purchase any item through the links on this site, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Scroll down to read more about this pattern and to get the Free Graph for this design.
If you like this design, please Share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest here. Tag me @magicyarnpixels with your finished items, I would love to see how yours turn out.
Fading Diamonds pattern details
Fading Diamonds graph and finished project sizes
The size of the Fading Diamonds graph is 100 squares high by 80 squares wide.
Based on your stitch on your technique, stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, and work tension, your project might result in different sizes.
Likewise, the yarn quantities used for each color will depend on the same following factors: your technique and stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, and work tension.
Use the Finished Size & Yarn Quantity Calculator to get an idea of how much yarn you will need and how big your project will be.
Color palette for Fading Diamonds design
I opt for a classic., elegant look and use white and gray colors for the original graph, but you can choose a different color palette.
I’ve calculated the number of squares used by each color to make it easier for you to calculate how much yarn you will need to complete your project.
When you purchase the PDF Pattern from my Etsy shop, you will get:
- graph information (colors, links to calculators, contact info) and how to read the pattern
- digital image of the design on one page (digitally edited photo, not a picture of the finished item)
- the graph on one page
- written row by row pattern for tapestry crochet
- row by row color block pattern for tapestry crochet
- C2C written pattern with details such as working on the right or wrong side of the pattern, total square count per row, if you are making an increase or decrease row, etc.
- C2C color block pattern with color blocks that show you the number of squares to make and the squares’ orders
- the large graph split on multiple pages (4 or more pages)
Not included in the pattern file:
- yarn quantities – this depends on the yarn and technique you are using and it’s up to you and your taste if you want to do this design in c2c crochet, mini c2c, etc. Depending on the chosen technique, you will need different quantities of yarn which you can calculate using the yarn quantities calculators above.
- yarn and hook suggestions – this design can be made with any yarn brand and hook, the only difference will be the size of your project which you can calculate using the finished size calculators above.
- crochet tutorials such as how to c2c crochet etc – I might be linking to outside video tutorials to show you certain techniques, but this pattern is not designed to teach you how to crochet a certain technique.
Fading Diamonds free graph download
Try this design for free, and download the one page graph below which you can use to keep track of your progress.
If you need the full row-by-row written pattern and the large graph on multiple pages, you can buy it from Magic Yarn Pixels Etsy Shop.
Right-click on the image to download the Fading Diamonds Chart on one page in PNG format.
Buy the multipage graph & written pattern for Fading Diamonds
Get the complete pattern below, including the row-by-row written pattern, color block pattern, and large graph on multiple pages.
Choose the option that suits you best to create a beautiful blanket for your home.
Includes PDF Pattern + Help & Support
* TAX is added to the price based on your country of residence.
Love graphs? Want more value for your money? Join my Patreon family!
Your membership offers you 10 or 5 full PDF written patterns with multipage graph as sold in my shop. Below you can see this month’s crochet patterns.
Don’t forget to Pin this design for later and Share it with your friends. Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook for more designs.
Looking For Similar Designs?
- Decorate Your Home With A Beautiful Nordic Winter Blanket: Free Graph Included
- Beautiful Modern Blue Chevron C2C Crochet Pattern With Free Graph
- Green Festive Plaid Crochet Blanket: Pattern And Free Graph
- LGBTQ+ Pride Flag C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Retro Diamonds & Hearts C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Fading Diamonds C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Canada Maple Leaf C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Alphabet Blocks C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
The pattern and images in this blog are the property of Magic Yarn Pixels, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. They are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc). Mass production of items using my designs is not allowed without my written approval. You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any circumstances.