New Graph: Patriotic Gnome
Are you looking for a graph pattern to celebrate Independence Day? You’re gonna love this adorable 4th Of July Patriotic Gnome design!
Known to be bringers of good luck and protectors of treasures, gnomes are cute little characters that are well-loved by many.
So, I designed one that wears fun and patriotic outfit to perfectly match the upcoming special event.
For the colors of this c2c gnome pattern, I went with a timely color palette that’s fitting to the occasion — red, blue, and white.
That way, you could display your finished project with the rest of your 4th of July decorations seamlessly.
You can also reuse it for other times that you need something patriotic. These include holidays and commemorations like Memorial Day, Flag Day, Veterans Day, and Election Day (just to name a few).
While this gnome crochet pattern is primarily designed to be used for c2c blankets, it’s also helpful for making other interesting items and crafts.
For instance, you could transform it into a tapestry wall hanging you can display at home. Or use this pattern to create some snuggly, knitted gnome blankets and big cross-stitch artworks.
On top of that, it’s also useful to make unique presents for your loved ones. So if you know a friend or a family member who has a gnome collection or an affinity for this charming fella, this is perfect!
Finally, you won’t have to worry if you’re a new crocheter and haven’t tried the corner-to-corner technique before. This c2c gnome pattern is a beginner-friendly project.
I included written and color block patterns so it’ll be easier to follow. So don’t hesitate to try this design because it’s manageable and I think that you’d have a great time completing it.
Patriotic Gnome is a digital download (available in PDF format only) that you can use to crochet a blanket using various techniques, such as C2C, Mini C2C, SC, HDC, DC, etc.
You can also use this design for other crafts such as knitting, cross stitch, diamond beads painting, Hama beads, plastic canvas, and any other crafts that use pixelated images.
Please note, that this post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small percentage if you purchase any item through the links on this site, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
If you like this design, please share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest here. Tag me @magicyarnpixels with your finished items, I would love to see how yours turn out.
Patriotic Gnome – Pattern Details
The size of the c2c graph is 100 squares high by 80 squares wide.
The finished size of your project depends on your technique, stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, and your work tension.
The yarn quantities used for each color depend on your technique and stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, and your work tension.
Use the Finished Size & Yarn Quantity Calculator to get an idea of how much yarn you will need and how big your project will be.
Here are some approximate measurements to guide you based on the feedback from our pattern testers and customers
- Yarn: Aran / Worsted / #4
- Hook: US I / Metric 5.5mm
- Approximate Size: 72in x 96in / 180cm x 240cm
- Yarn: DK / Light Worsted / #3
- Hook: US 7 / Metric 4.5mm
- Approximate Size: 60in x 74in / 152cm x 188cm
This pattern uses the following colors. I’ve calculated the amount of squares used by each color to make it easier for you to calculate how much yarn you will need to complete your project.
When you purchase the PDF Pattern from my shop, you will get:
- graph information (colors, links to calculators, contact info) and how to read the pattern
- digital image of the design on one page (digitally edited photo, not a picture of the finished item)
- the graph on one page
- written row by row pattern
- row by row color block pattern
- C2C written pattern with details such as working on the right or wrong side of the pattern, total square count per row, if you are making an increase or decrease row, etc.
- C2C color block pattern with color blocks that show you the amount of squares to make and the squares order
- the large graph split on multiple pages (4 or more pages)
Not included in the pattern file:
- yarn quantities – this depends on the yarn and technique you are using and it’s up to you and your taste if you want to do this design in c2c crochet, mini c2c, etc. Depending on the chosen technique, you will need different quantities of yarn which you can calculate using the yarn quantities calculators above.
- yarn and hook suggestions – this design can be made with any yarn brand and hook, the only difference will be the size of your project which you can calculate using the finished size calculators above.
- crochet tutorials such as how to c2c crochet etc – I might be linking to outside video tutorials to show you certain techniques, but this pattern is not designed to teach you how to crochet a certain technique.
Patriotic Gnome – Free Graph
Right-click on the image to download the Patriotic Gnome Chart on one page. You can use it to create your own finished pattern by keeping track of your progress on the graph.
If you need the full row-by-row written pattern and the large graph on multiple pages, you can buy it from Magic Yarn Pixels Etsy Shop.
Buy This Pattern
Get the complete pattern below, including the row-by-row written pattern, color block pattern, and large graph on multiple pages. Choose the option that suits you best.
Includes PDF Pattern + Help & Support
* TAX is added to the price based on your country of residence.
Love graphs? Want more value for your money? Join my Patreon family!
Your membership offers you 10 or 5 full PDF written patterns with multipage graph as sold in my shop. Below you can see this month’s crochet patterns.
Looking For Similar Designs?
- Patriotic USA Flag C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- USA Flag Bald Eagle C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- USA Flag C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- My First Fourth Of July C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Patriotic Gnome Star C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- 4Th Of July Oh My Stars C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- USA Born And Raised C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Patriotic Gnome Love C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
The pattern and images on this blog are the property of Magic yarn Pixels, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. They are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc). Mass production of items using my designs is not allowed without my written approval. You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any circumstances.