A festive 4th of July design: Patriotic USA Flag
Get ready for the 4th of July with this Patriotic USA Flag design! It’s bold and festive, making it a perfect choice to show your love and pride for your country in a fun and creative way.
Crocheting this Americana-themed project is not only a symbol of patriotism, but it also allows you to express your strong emotions and sense of national unity.
As a powerful symbol representing the ideals, values, and history of the United States, this flag crochet pattern holds great significance.
I chose shades of blue, red, and white, especially for the national holiday, but you can switch some of the colors to the ones you prefer, and personalize the design.
Also, feel free to experiment with different yarn weights and modify the size of the project to your liking. You can even add extra embellishments like star appliques or eye-catching sequins to make your work truly unique.
What’s great about this crochet American flag pattern is that like my 4th Of July Oh My Stars and USA Born And Raised designs, it’s available in two versions: c2c (corner-to-corner) and row by row. This gives you the flexibility to create a variety of items for Independence Day celebrations.
You can use the c2c pattern to transform this design into a large crochet flag blanket. Not only it will add a patriotic touch to your interior decor but can also be used as a picnic blanket for outdoor gatherings.
Whether you’re heading to a fireworks display or enjoying a day at the beach, the blanket provides a comfortable spot to relax and enjoy the festivities.
If you’re new to the corner-to-corner crochet technique, don’t worry! Here’s a complete beginner’s guide to c2c crochet to help you get started on this exciting project.
On the other hand, the row-by-row pattern is perfect if you’d like to make smaller projects like baby blankets and tapestry wall hangings.
You can use these handmade items to decorate your home by draping them over a couch, hanging them as backdrops for parties, or showcasing them in the nursery.
Lastly, a crocheted patriotic flag makes a meaningful and heartfelt gift. Consider gifting it to a military service member or veteran as a token of appreciation, or to a loved one who has a deep love for their country.
With its beautiful print and meaning, this American flag pattern is likely to add a touch of fun and nostalgia to your 4th of July celebration.
Scroll down to grab your free Patriotic USA Flag graphgan chart and start crocheting.
Patriotic USA Flag is a digital download (available in PDF format only) that you can use to crochet a blanket using various techniques, such as C2C, Mini C2C, SC, HDC, Tapestry Crochet, etc.
You can also use this design for other crafts such as knitting, cross-stitch, diamond beads painting, Hama beads, plastic canvas, and any other crafts that use pixelated images.
Please note, that this post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small percentage if you purchase any item through the links on this site, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Scroll down to read more about this pattern and to get the Free Graph for this design.
If you like this design, please Share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest here. Tag me @magicyarnpixels with your finished items, I would love to see how yours turn out.
Patriotic USA Flag pattern details
Patriotic USA Flag Graph and finished project sizes
The size of the Patriotic USA Flag graph is 100 squares high by 80 squares wide.
Your project’s finished size depends on your technique, stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, and your work tension.
Your technique and stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, and work tension also play a big role in determining the yarn quantities you have to use for each color.
Use the Finished Size & Yarn Quantity Calculator to get an idea of how much yarn you will need and how big your project will be.
Color Palette for Patriotic USA Flag design
I created this design using 5 colors: light blue, white, red, blue, and black, but you can pick a different set of patriotic shades if you like.
I’ve calculated the number of squares used by each color to make it easier for you to calculate how much yarn you will need to complete your project.
When you purchase the PDF Pattern from my Etsy shop, you will get:
- graph information (colors, links to calculators, contact info) and how to read the pattern
- digital image of the design on one page (digitally edited photo, not a picture of the finished item)
- the graph on one page
- written row by row pattern for tapestry crochet
- row by row color block pattern for tapestry crochet
- C2C written pattern with details such as working on the right or wrong side of the pattern, total square count per row, if you are making an increase or decrease row, etc.
- C2C color block pattern with color blocks that show you the number of squares to make and the squares’ orders
- the large graph split on multiple pages (4 or more pages)
Not included in the pattern file:
- yarn quantities – this depends on the yarn and technique you are using and it’s up to you and your taste if you want to do this design in c2c crochet, mini c2c, etc. Depending on the chosen technique, you will need different quantities of yarn which you can calculate using the yarn quantities calculators above.
- yarn and hook suggestions – this design can be made with any yarn brand and hook, the only difference will be the size of your project which you can calculate using the finished size calculators above.
- crochet tutorials such as how to c2c crochet etc – I might be linking to outside video tutorials to show you certain techniques, but this pattern is not designed to teach you how to crochet a certain technique.
Patriotic USA Flag free graph download
Love this design? Give it a try, and download the one-page graph below. With the single-page graph, you’ll be able to track your progress with ease.
If you need the full row-by-row written pattern and the large graph on multiple pages, you can buy it from Magic Yarn Pixels Etsy Shop.
Right-click on the image to download the Patriotic USA Flag Chart on one page in PNG format.
Buy the multipage graph & written pattern for Patriotic USA Flag
Get the complete pattern below, including the row-by-row written pattern, color block pattern, and large graph on multiple pages.
Choose the option that suits you best to create a beautiful blanket for your home.
Includes PDF Pattern + Help & Support
* TAX is added to the price based on your country of residence.
Love graphs? Want more value for your money? Join my Patreon family!
Your membership offers you 10 or 5 full PDF written patterns with multipage graph as sold in my shop. Below you can see this month’s crochet patterns.
Don’t forget to Pin this design for later and Share it with your friends. Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook for more designs.
Looking For Similar Designs?
- Patriotic USA Flag C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- USA Flag Bald Eagle C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- USA Flag C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- My First Fourth Of July C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Patriotic Gnome Star C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- 4Th Of July Oh My Stars C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- USA Born And Raised C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Patriotic Gnome Love C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
The pattern and images in this blog are the property of Magic Yarn Pixels, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. They are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc). Mass production of items using my designs is not allowed without my written approval. You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any circumstances.