Check out this new landscape design: Moonrise Over The Ocean
I find this Moonrise Over The Ocean design very relaxing and pleasing to look at, and if you’re a fan of ethereal or nature motifs—you’ll love it, too!
Moonrise prints and patterns have gained popularity over the years for good reasons. They’re effective in creating a mystical and dreamy atmosphere, appealing to those who appreciate a touch of enchantment in their surroundings.
Plus, this print holds beautiful meaning and has symbolic significance to various cultures. The moon has been a symbol of mystery, femininity, and spirituality throughout history.
These days, I often see moonrise designs on so many items. From fashion pieces to home decorations, celestial themes are in trend.
So I thought, why not make a moonrise crochet design? This way, I can share with you my own take on the much-loved aesthetic.
I decided to include additional details and elements like the multicolor ocean waves and dreamy clouds to create a more beautiful landscape.
For the color palette, I chose serene shades like blue and green, then I added some yellow and pink for contrast.
But like my Mountain Sunset and Mountain Landscape crochet patterns, you can modify the original colors and go with a different color scheme. Changing the colors of the design is one of the best ways to personalize your project, after all.
With this versatile moonrise crochet pattern, you’ll be able to make plenty of handmade items for yourself and your loved ones.
You can transform and use it as a bedspread and add a touch of celestial charm to your bedroom decor. This is perfect, especially if you’d like to create a cozy, enchanting atmosphere in your room.
Another thing you can do is make a c2c moonrise baby blanket. The calming moon design makes it particularly suitable for a nursery or child’s blanket.
It can enhance the dreamy and whimsical ambiance of the space, providing a cozy and comforting layer for your little one.
And when you add a rod pocket or attach wooden dowels to the top edge of the blanket, it instantly becomes a captivating moon crochet wall hanging that elevates your decor.
This pattern, written in multiple formats, will help you make a lot of arts and crafts regardless of your skill level. It also comes with small and large graphs to make the overall c2c crochet experience easier for you.
If you need further assistance or tips on how to master the corner-to-corner technique, I recommend you check out this detailed guide on c2c crochet.
I hope you like this new moonrise crochet pattern. As always, you can download the one-page graph for this design for free below. Enjoy!
Moonrise Over The Ocean is a digital download (available in PDF format only) that you can use to crochet a blanket using various techniques, such as C2C, Mini C2C, SC, HDC, Tapestry Crochet, etc.
You can also use this design for other crafts such as knitting, cross-stitch, diamond beads painting, Hama beads, plastic canvas, and any other crafts that use pixelated images.
Please note, that this post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small percentage if you purchase any item through the links on this site, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Scroll down to read more about this pattern and to get the Free Graph for this design.
If you like this design, please Share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest here. Tag me @magicyarnpixels with your finished items, I would love to see how yours turn out.
Moonrise Over The Ocean pattern details
Moonrise Over The Ocean graph and finished project sizes
The size of the Moonrise Over The Ocean graph is 100 squares high by 80 squares wide.
Based on your stitch of choice, hook size, yarn, and tension, your project might vary in size.
Also, the technique and stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, and work tension affect the yarn quantities you’ll need for each color.
Use the Finished Size & Yarn Quantity Calculator to get an idea of how much yarn you will need and how big your project will be.
Color palette for Moonrise Over The Ocean design
The original graph for this design uses pink, white, yellow, dark blue, dark green, blue, and turquoise, but you can switch them to your favorite shades and make your work unique.
I’ve calculated the number of squares used by each color to make it easier for you to calculate how much yarn you will need to complete your project.
When you purchase the PDF Pattern from my Etsy shop, you will get:
- graph information (colors, links to calculators, contact info) and how to read the pattern
- digital image of the design on one page (digitally edited photo, not a picture of the finished item)
- the graph on one page
- written row by row pattern for tapestry crochet
- row by row color block pattern for tapestry crochet
- C2C written pattern with details such as working on the right or wrong side of the pattern, total square count per row, if you are making an increase or decrease row, etc.
- C2C color block pattern with color blocks that show you the number of squares to make and the squares’ orders
- the large graph split on multiple pages (4 or more pages)
Not included in the pattern file:
- yarn quantities – this depends on the yarn and technique you are using and it’s up to you and your taste if you want to do this design in c2c crochet, mini c2c, etc. Depending on the chosen technique, you will need different quantities of yarn which you can calculate using the yarn quantities calculators above.
- yarn and hook suggestions – this design can be made with any yarn brand and hook, the only difference will be the size of your project which you can calculate using the finished size calculators above.
- crochet tutorials such as how to c2c crochet etc – I might be linking to outside video tutorials to show you certain techniques, but this pattern is not designed to teach you how to crochet a certain technique.
Moonrise Over The Ocean free graph download
You can download the one-page graph for this design for free below. The graph is perfect if you’d like to give this project a try and track your progress.
If you need the full row-by-row written pattern and the large graph on multiple pages, you can buy it from Magic Yarn Pixels Etsy Shop.
Right-click on the image to download the Moonrise Over The Ocean Chart on one page in PNG format.
Buy the multipage graph & written pattern for Moonrise Over The Ocean
Get the complete pattern below, including the row-by-row written pattern, color block pattern, and large graph on multiple pages.
Choose the option that suits you best to create a beautiful blanket for your home.
Includes PDF Pattern + Help & Support
* TAX is added to the price based on your country of residence.
Love graphs? Want more value for your money? Join my Patreon family!
Your membership offers you 10 or 5 full PDF written patterns with multipage graph as sold in my shop. Below you can see this month’s crochet patterns.
Don’t forget to Pin this design for later and Share it with your friends. Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook for more designs.
Looking For Similar Designs?
- Tulip Bouquet Free C2C Crochet Graph
- Solar System Planets C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Moonrise Over The Ocean C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Marine Coral C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Mountain Sunset C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Night Forest Landscape C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Sunny Cloudy Day C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Mountain Landscape C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
The pattern and images in this blog are the property of Magic Yarn Pixels, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. They are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc). Mass production of items using my designs is not allowed without my written approval. You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any circumstances.