New Graph: Mountain Sunset
I’m excited to share this Mountain Sunset crochet pattern with you today! Like most people, I love watching lovely sunsets.
The vibrant colors and dramatic changes in light and shadow during a sunset never fail to inspire me to create something beautiful.
I’m also fascinated that every sunset isn’t identical to another. Every sundown, we witness a different set of gradient colors than before.
In a similar way, I’d love this crochet sunset design to be created in a multitude of ways. Because this design is made in several colors, it would be fun to see you customize the colors and vibes of the print.
You can make the mountains in different shades of green and the skies of pink hues, or you can also try to switch up every color and enjoy a rainbow-colored design.
Besides its colors, the sunset is also known to be a special phenomenon that’s universally appreciated for its powerful and inspiring symbolism.
Whenever we look at one, we immediately feel a sense of warmth, relaxation, and nostalgia. And because of this, sunset-inspired designs are ideal if you’re looking for a sweet, meaningful gift for a loved one.
You can make a crochet sunset blanket as a housewarming present to celebrate a friend’s newfound home or as a birthday gift to a family member who’s obsessed with sunsets.
This charming design is also perfect for making a stylish wall decor item for your home. Sunsets and landscapes are trendy prints these days, so this one is a fab choice to jump on the bandwagon.
Since the design is versatile, you can use it to make gifts and decorations for whatever occasion. As long as you adapt the yarn colors to match the event, this sunset crochet pattern would work.
Another idea for customization is to add some flair to your creation. It can be as simple as creating a label with your recipient’s name or initials and attaching it to the corner of the blanket.
You can also try adding fringe or tassels to the edges of the blanket for a fun and playful touch. Embroidering the blanket with a special message or the name of the person you’re making it for makes the gift unique, too!
So aside from crocheting, you will also have fun making cross-stitch, knitting, Hama beads, and diamond painting projects.
This pattern is available and written in two ways: C2C and row-by-row. These options let you get creative and enjoy the project with the method you’re better familiar with.
It also comes with graphs, small and large, that will help you track your progress upon working on the pattern.
And speaking of graphs, you can find the free single-page graph for this crochet sunset pattern below. It’s both available in JPEG and PDF formats.
If you’re new to corner-to-corner crochet, please check out this in-depth guide on C2C crochet for handy tips and video tutorials.
Otherwise, prepare your hook and yarn, and let’s start crocheting!
Mountain Sunset is a digital download (available in PDF format only) that you can use to crochet a blanket using various techniques, such as C2C, Mini C2C, SC, HDC, Tapestry Crochet etc.
You can also use this design for other crafts such as knitting, cross-stitch, diamond beads painting, hama beads, plastic canvas, and any other crafts that use pixelated images.
Please note, that this post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small percentage if you purchase any item through the links on this site, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Scroll down to read more about this pattern and to get the free C2C graph for this design.
If you like this design, please share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest here. Tag me @magicyarnpixels with your finished items, I would love to see how yours turn out.
Mountain Sunset – Pattern Details
The size of the c2c graph is 100 squares high by 80 squares wide.
The finished size of your project depends on your technique, stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, and your work tension.
The yarn quantities used for each color depend on your technique and stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, and work tension.
Use the Finished Size & Yarn Quantity Calculator to get an idea of how much yarn you will need and how big your project will be.
Here are some approximate measurements to guide you based on the feedback from our pattern testers and customers
- Yarn: Aran / Worsted / #4
- Hook: US I / Metric 5.5mm
- Approximate Size: 72in x 96in / 180cm x 240cm
- Yarn: DK / Light Worsted / #3
- Hook: US 7 / Metric 4.5mm
- Approximate Size: 60in x 74in / 152cm x 188cm
This pattern uses the following colors. I’ve calculated the number of squares used by each color to make it easier for you to calculate how much yarn you will need to complete your project.
When you purchase the PDF Pattern from my shop, you will get:
- graph information (colors, links to calculators, contact info) and how to read the pattern
- digital image of the design on one page (digitally edited photo, not a picture of the finished item)
- the graph on one page
- written row by row pattern
- row by row color block pattern
- C2C written pattern with details such as working on the right or wrong side of the pattern, total square count per row, if you are making an increase or decrease row, etc.
- C2C color block pattern with color blocks that show you the number of squares to make and the squares’ orders
- the large graph split on multiple pages (4 or more pages)
Not included in the pattern file:
- yarn quantities – this depends on the yarn and technique you are using and it’s up to you and your taste if you want to do this design in c2c crochet, mini c2c, etc. Depending on the chosen technique, you will need different quantities of yarn which you can calculate using the yarn quantities calculators above.
- yarn and hook suggestions – this design can be made with any yarn brand and hook, the only difference will be the size of your project which you can calculate using the finished size calculators above.
- crochet tutorials such as how to c2c crochet etc – I might be linking to outside video tutorials to show you certain techniques, but this pattern is not designed to teach you how to crochet a certain technique.
Mountain Sunset – Free Graph
Right-click on the image to download the Mountain Sunset Chart on one page in PNG format.
You can use it to create your own finished pattern by keeping track of your progress on the graph.
If you need the full row-by-row written pattern and the large graph on multiple pages, you can buy it from Magic Yarn Pixels Etsy Shop.
Buy This Pattern
Get the complete pattern below, including the row-by-row written pattern, color block pattern, and large graph on multiple pages. Choose the option that suits you best.
Includes PDF Pattern + Help & Support
* TAX is added to the price based on your country of residence.
Looking For Similar Designs?
- Tulip Bouquet Free C2C Crochet Graph
- Solar System Planets C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Moonrise Over The Ocean C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Marine Coral C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Mountain Sunset C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Night Forest Landscape C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Sunny Cloudy Day C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Mountain Landscape C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
The pattern and images in this blog are the property of Magic Yarn Pixels, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. They are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc). Mass production of items using my designs is not allowed without my written approval. You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any circumstances.