New Graph: Marine Coral
I’m excited to share with you this Marine Coral crochet pattern, a design inspired by the ocean’s beauty and beach vacations.
Besides their pretty colors and striking features, coral reefs are often associated with life, growth, and vitality.
And because of these positive qualities and symbolism, I thought that a coral crochet design would be great in this year’s summertime design lineup.
While the coral is made in warm shades, the pink and red used in the print are not too bold and just perfect for adding a pop of color to a beach-themed room or home.
Similarly, the muted green and brown are subtle shades that could remind someone of the calming and serene atmosphere of the ocean.
While I’m in love with the original colors, I encourage you to get creative with the design and personalize your creation according to your needs and liking.
There are many ways to customize an ocean-themed crochet project, after all. One idea is to add small details to the crochet blanket that reflect your personal interests or experiences.
For example, you could add seashell buttons, applique starfish or seahorses, or even tiny pieces of driftwood to your fabric.
You could also use crochet letters or numbers to spell out your name, a special date, or a meaningful phrase.
And if you’re making this as you need a thoughtful, handmade gift, embroidering the initials of your family members or loved ones on the output would be a great personal touch.
Aside from crochet, this coral crochet design is a versatile pattern you can use to create other fun crafts that require a pixel graph like cross-stitch, Hama beads, and diamond painting.
But if you’ve long been interested in corner-to-corner crochet and want to transform this design into a bedding or an oversized wall decoration, I have a C2C crochet beginner guide that can help you master the technique.
I enjoyed making this design, and I cannot wait to see what handmade piece you’ll make with it!
The free crochet coral graph is available below whenever you’re ready. And as always, happy crocheting!
Marine Coral is a digital download (available in PDF format only) that you can use to crochet a blanket using various techniques, such as C2C, Mini C2C, SC, HDC, Tapestry Crochet etc.
You can also use this design for other crafts such as knitting, cross-stitch, diamond beads painting, hama beads, plastic canvas, and any other crafts that use pixelated images.
Please note, that this post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small percentage if you purchase any item through the links on this site, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Scroll down to read more about this pattern and to get the free C2C graph for this design.
Marine Coral – Pattern Details
The size of the c2c graph is 100 squares high by 80 squares wide.
The finished size of your project depends on your technique, stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, and your work tension.
The yarn quantities used for each color depend on your technique and stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, and work tension.
Use the Finished Size & Yarn Quantity Calculator to get an idea of how much yarn you will need and how big your project will be.
Here are some approximate measurements to guide you based on the feedback from our pattern testers and customers
- Yarn: Aran / Worsted / #4
- Hook: US I / Metric 5.5mm
- Approximate Size: 72in x 96in / 180cm x 240cm
- Yarn: DK / Light Worsted / #3
- Hook: US 7 / Metric 4.5mm
- Approximate Size: 60in x 74in / 152cm x 188cm
This pattern uses the following colors. I’ve calculated the number of squares used by each color to make it easier for you to calculate how much yarn you will need to complete your project.
When you purchase the PDF Pattern from my shop, you will get:
- graph information (colors, links to calculators, contact info) and how to read the pattern
- digital image of the design on one page (digitally edited photo, not a picture of the finished item)
- the graph on one page
- written row by row pattern
- row by row color block pattern
- C2C written pattern with details such as working on the right or wrong side of the pattern, total square count per row, if you are making an increase or decrease row, etc.
- C2C color block pattern with color blocks that show you the number of squares to make and the squares’ orders
- the large graph split on multiple pages (4 or more pages)
Not included in the pattern file:
- yarn quantities – this depends on the yarn and technique you are using and it’s up to you and your taste if you want to do this design in c2c crochet, mini c2c, etc. Depending on the chosen technique, you will need different quantities of yarn which you can calculate using the yarn quantities calculators above.
- yarn and hook suggestions – this design can be made with any yarn brand and hook, the only difference will be the size of your project which you can calculate using the finished size calculators above.
- crochet tutorials such as how to c2c crochet etc – I might be linking to outside video tutorials to show you certain techniques, but this pattern is not designed to teach you how to crochet a certain technique.
Marine Coral – Free Graph
Right-click on the image to download the Marine Coral Chart on one page in PNG format.
You can use it to create your own finished pattern by keeping track of your progress on the graph.
If you need the full row-by-row written pattern and the large graph on multiple pages, you can buy it from Magic Yarn Pixels Etsy Shop.
Buy This Pattern
Get the complete pattern below, including the row-by-row written pattern, color block pattern, and large graph on multiple pages. Choose the option that suits you best.
Includes PDF Pattern + Help & Support
* TAX is added to the price based on your country of residence.
Love graphs? Want more value for your money? Join my Patreon family!
Your membership offers you 10 or 5 full PDF written patterns with multipage graph as sold in my shop. Below you can see this month’s crochet patterns.
Looking For Similar Designs?
- Tulip Bouquet Free C2C Crochet Graph
- Solar System Planets C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Moonrise Over The Ocean C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Marine Coral C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Mountain Sunset C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Night Forest Landscape C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Sunny Cloudy Day C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Mountain Landscape C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
The pattern and images in this blog are the property of Magic Yarn Pixels, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. They are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc). Mass production of items using my designs is not allowed without my written approval. You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any circumstances.