New addition to my Prints collection: Retro Diamonds & Hearts design
Gather your favorite supplies and give this feel-good Retro Diamonds and Hearts crochet design a try! Featuring a timeless diamond pattern and lovely heart accents, this retro crochet pattern makes a unique print to incorporate into any project.
Like my previous retro designs, Retro Squares Print and Retro Floral Leaf Pattern, this pattern is ideal for making vintage-themed handmade home items or nostalgic DIY gifts. The print has such an old-fashioned feel to it, and the colors take you back to the good bygone times.
I chose some lovely shades of green and cream for the diamonds and added some bright red hearts to give the print a pop of color. There are so many fantastic old-school colors to combine and choose from, so feel free to try a different color scheme and make your very own retro masterpiece.
Because this pattern is written in two ways: C2C and row-by-row, you can also customize how big your project is going to be.
You can use the C2C pattern and create a big, cozy blanket that can double as a bedspread. A C2C blanket with retro diamonds and hearts design can add a touch of vintage charm to your décor while keeping you warm and toasty during colder months.
Plus, depending on the colors you choose, it can be also used as a seasonal decoration during holidays like Valentine’s Day or Christmas.
You can try draping the retro C2C blanket over the back of a chair or the foot of your bed to spruce things up and make your space feel more festive. If you’d like to know more tips and tricks about C2C blankets, you can check out this detailed guide on corner-to-corner crochet.
On the other hand, the row-by-row pattern allows you to make slightly smaller pieces like baby blankets and tapestry wall hangings. The heart and diamond motifs can add a sweet and playful touch to the nursery, making it a wonderful gift for a newborn or young child.
Similarly, loved ones and friends can also enjoy other thoughtful and cherished gifts created with this retro chart. The design adds a personalized and sentimental touch to the gift—perfect for special occasions like birthdays, weddings, and anniversaries.
The best part? You can try this retro crochet pattern regardless of your skill level. It is presented in both written and color-block versions and comes with multiple handy graphs to help you accomplish your project with confidence.
It’s a great beginner-friendly option to practice colorwork if you’re new to crochet and a charming pattern to indulge in if you’re a seasoned pro.
So scroll down to get your free retro diamonds and hearts graph and start with this enjoyable pattern. I’m excited to see how yours turns out!
Retro Diamonds & Hearts is a digital download (available in PDF format only) that you can use to crochet a blanket using various techniques, such as C2C, Mini C2C, SC, HDC, Tapestry Crochet, etc.
You can also use this design for other crafts such as knitting, cross-stitch, diamond beads painting, Hama beads, plastic canvas, and any other crafts that use pixelated images.
Please note, that this post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small percentage if you purchase any item through the links on this site, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Scroll down to read more about this pattern and to get the Free Graph for this design.
If you like this design, please Share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest here. Tag me @magicyarnpixels with your finished items, I would love to see how yours turn out.
Retro Diamonds & Hearts pattern details
Retro Diamonds & Hearts graph and finished project sizes
The size of the Retro Diamonds & Hearts graph is 100 squares high by 80 squares wide.
The size of your project may vary depending on your chosen stitch, hook size, yarn weight, and work tension.
The amount of yarn needed for each color will vary based on the technique and stitch you use, the size of your crochet hook, the weight of the yarn, and your tension while working.
Use the Finished Size & Yarn Quantity Calculator to get an idea of how much yarn you will need and how big your project will be.
Color palette for Retro Diamonds & Hearts design
I want to make this design as retro-looking as possible, so I used muted colors of green, cream, and red. As usual, you are welcome to modify the look of your project and choose a color scheme that’s different from mine.
I’ve calculated the number of squares used by each color to make it easier for you to calculate how much yarn you will need to complete your project.
When you purchase the PDF Pattern from my Etsy shop, you will get:
- graph information (colors, links to calculators, contact info) and how to read the pattern
- digital image of the design on one page (digitally edited photo, not a picture of the finished item)
- the graph on one page
- written row by row pattern for tapestry crochet
- row by row color block pattern for tapestry crochet
- C2C written pattern with details such as working on the right or wrong side of the pattern, total square count per row, if you are making an increase or decrease row, etc.
- C2C color block pattern with color blocks that show you the number of squares to make and the squares’ orders
- the large graph split on multiple pages (4 or more pages)
Not included in the pattern file:
- yarn quantities – this depends on the yarn and technique you are using and it’s up to you and your taste if you want to do this design in c2c crochet, mini c2c, etc. Depending on the chosen technique, you will need different quantities of yarn which you can calculate using the yarn quantities calculators above.
- yarn and hook suggestions – this design can be made with any yarn brand and hook, the only difference will be the size of your project which you can calculate using the finished size calculators above.
- crochet tutorials such as how to c2c crochet etc – I might be linking to outside video tutorials to show you certain techniques, but this pattern is not designed to teach you how to crochet a certain technique.
Retro Diamonds & Hearts free graph download
Download the single-page graph below, and give this design a try! The graph is handy, particularly if you’d like to keep track of your project.
If you need the full row-by-row written pattern and the large graph on multiple pages, you can buy it from Magic Yarn Pixels Etsy Shop.
Right-click on the image to download the Retro Diamonds & Hearts Chart on one page in PNG format.
Buy the multipage graph & written pattern for Retro Diamonds & Hearts
Get the complete pattern below, including the row-by-row written pattern, color block pattern, and large graph on multiple pages.
Choose the option that suits you best to create a beautiful blanket for your home.
Includes PDF Pattern + Help & Support
* TAX is added to the price based on your country of residence.
Love graphs? Want more value for your money? Join my Patreon family!
Your membership offers you 10 or 5 full PDF written patterns with multipage graph as sold in my shop. Below you can see this month’s crochet patterns.
Don’t forget to Pin this design for later and Share it with your friends. Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook for more designs.
Looking For Similar Designs?
- Decorate Your Home With A Beautiful Nordic Winter Blanket: Free Graph Included
- Beautiful Modern Blue Chevron C2C Crochet Pattern With Free Graph
- Green Festive Plaid Crochet Blanket: Pattern And Free Graph
- LGBTQ+ Pride Flag C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Retro Diamonds & Hearts C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Fading Diamonds C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Canada Maple Leaf C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Alphabet Blocks C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
The pattern and images in this blog are the property of Magic Yarn Pixels, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. They are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc). Mass production of items using my designs is not allowed without my written approval. You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any circumstances.