Check out this summer-perfect design: One In A Melon
I’ve got a summery treat for you—the One In A Melon design! With the combination of a creative pun and a visually appealing design, this crochet fruit pattern can bring a smile to people’s faces and create a cheerful atmosphere.
Whether you use it as a throw on a couch or display it on a bed, visitors and guests are likely to notice the playful design. It can spark conversations, and laughter, and even create memorable moments when people gather together.
To make the design even more lighthearted and adorable, I used a refreshing color scheme. This includes fun accent shades of green, red, and yellow.
You can keep the original yarn colors, or opt for something different like pastel or retro-inspired color palettes. This crochet summer design will look delightful, either way.
If you’ve already tried my Life is Sweet Watermelon and Summer Sweet Watermelon, you would know how I adore watermelon and how this fruit instantly reminds me of summertime. So I can’t help but go with another watermelon-inspired design this time of the year, and this fun fruit pun print is created.
Like the rest of my patterns, this is a versatile design you can adapt to any handmade crafts that require a pixel graph. You can transform it into a crochet summer blanket, tapestry wall hanging, cross-stitch display, diamond painting, and so much more!
If you’re considering making this design into a gift, it can be a sweet gesture since handmade items often carry sentimental value. Plus, this crochet melon pun design adds a personalized touch to your present.
It shows that you put effort into selecting or creating something that aligns with the recipient’s interests or sense of humor. And because the pattern comes with multiple helpful graphs and is written in two ways: c2c and row-by-row, you’ll have an easy time completing this project.
You can conveniently choose the corner-to-corner pattern and create larger projects like c2c blankets and bedspreads or opt for the row-by-row pattern and crochet beautiful tapestry wall hangings.
In case you’re interested to try the former, I have a detailed guide on C2C crochet to get you started. It has everything you need to be familiar with the C2C technique.
Once you’re ready, you can grab your free crochet melon graph below and make a summer-ready blanket. Enjoy!
One In A Melon is a digital download (available in PDF format only) that you can use to crochet a blanket using various techniques, such as C2C, Mini C2C, SC, HDC, Tapestry Crochet, etc.
You can also use this design for other crafts such as knitting, cross-stitch, diamond beads painting, Hama beads, plastic canvas, and any other crafts that use pixelated images.
Please note, that this post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small percentage if you purchase any item through the links on this site, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Scroll down to read more about this pattern and to get the Free Graph for this design.
If you like this design, please Share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest here. Tag me @magicyarnpixels with your finished items, I would love to see how yours turn out.
One In A Melon pattern details
One In A Melon graph and finished project sizes
The size of the One In A Melon graph is 100 squares high by 80 squares wide.
Based on factors such as your chosen technique, stitch, hook size, yarn weight, and crochet tension, your project might result in different sizes.
The yarn quantities required for each color also depend on your technique, stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, and work tension.
Use the Finished Size & Yarn Quantity Calculator to get an idea of how much yarn you will need and how big your project will be.
Color palette for One In A Melon design
I created the original graph with 5 colors: white, green, red, yellow, and black, but you can try a different color scheme and explore other fun summery shades.
I’ve calculated the number of squares used by each color to make it easier for you to calculate how much yarn you will need to complete your project.
When you purchase the PDF Pattern from my Etsy shop, you will get:
- graph information (colors, links to calculators, contact info) and how to read the pattern
- digital image of the design on one page (digitally edited photo, not a picture of the finished item)
- the graph on one page
- written row by row pattern for tapestry crochet
- row by row color block pattern for tapestry crochet
- C2C written pattern with details such as working on the right or wrong side of the pattern, total square count per row, if you are making an increase or decrease row, etc.
- C2C color block pattern with color blocks that show you the number of squares to make and the squares’ orders
- the large graph split on multiple pages (4 or more pages)
Not included in the pattern file:
- yarn quantities – this depends on the yarn and technique you are using and it’s up to you and your taste if you want to do this design in c2c crochet, mini c2c, etc. Depending on the chosen technique, you will need different quantities of yarn which you can calculate using the yarn quantities calculators above.
- yarn and hook suggestions – this design can be made with any yarn brand and hook, the only difference will be the size of your project which you can calculate using the finished size calculators above.
- crochet tutorials such as how to c2c crochet etc – I might be linking to outside video tutorials to show you certain techniques, but this pattern is not designed to teach you how to crochet a certain technique.
One In A Melon free graph download
Do you find this design adorable? Download the free one-page graph below and give it a try!
If you need the full row-by-row written pattern and the large graph on multiple pages, you can buy it from Magic Yarn Pixels Etsy Shop.
Right-click on the image to download the One In A Melon Chart on one page in PNG format.
Buy the multipage graph & written pattern for One In A Melon
Get the complete pattern below, including the row-by-row written pattern, color block pattern, and large graph on multiple pages.
Choose the option that suits you best to create a beautiful blanket for your home.
Includes PDF Pattern + Help & Support
* TAX is added to the price based on your country of residence.
Love graphs? Want more value for your money? Join my Patreon family!
Your membership offers you 10 or 5 full PDF written patterns with multipage graph as sold in my shop. Below you can see this month’s crochet patterns.
Don’t forget to Pin this design for later and Share it with your friends. Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook for more designs.
Looking For Similar Designs?
- Halloween Trick Or Treat C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Just Five More Minutes Gamer Mantra C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Hey There Pumpkin C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- All My Kids Have Paws C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- One In A Melon C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- USA Flag C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Keep Calm & Love Your Dog C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- I’m Not Bossy C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
The pattern and images in this blog are the property of Magic Yarn Pixels, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. They are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc). Mass production of items using my designs is not allowed without my written approval. You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any circumstances.