Surprise your little ones with this fun and unique Balloon Dog design
I’ve got something exciting for you: the Balloon Dog C2C crochet design. It’s not just any ordinary design; it’s nostalgic and visually captivating. Trust me, you’ll fall in love with it.
It’s an excellent way to channel your creative energy. I made the original graph with the gray and blue color combo, but really it’s up to you. You can pick the colors and customize the size, making it uniquely yours.
And here’s the cherry on top: these blankets make fantastic personalized gifts. You can tailor it to celebrate special occasions or simply match someone’s favorite colors. It’s thoughtful and heartfelt.
But it’s not just about aesthetics. Your balloon dog blanket is both functional and cozy. It can keep you warm during chilly evenings, serve as a modern throw for your sofa, or add a touch of art to your living space.
Completing this design will give you that sweet sense of accomplishment. No matter what your skill level is, novice or pro, this pattern will make it easy for you to create adorable crochet pieces.
Like the rest of my animal crochet patterns, it is written in two ways – C2C and row by row, complete with helpful charts.
This way, you can use the C2C pattern for making oversized pieces, while the row-by-row option is for smaller projects like wall decor and baby blankets.
If you have plans to create a large dog balloon blanket or bedspread, I recommend checking out this extensive guide on corner-to-corner crochet. It has a bunch of awesome video tutorials, helpful tips, and great references to help you master the C2C crochet technique.
When you’re ready, just scroll down below to grab your free downloadable dog graph, and get started on this cute project!
Balloon Dog is a digital download (available in PDF format only) that you can use to crochet a blanket using various techniques, such as C2C, Mini C2C, SC, HDC, Tapestry Crochet, etc.
You can also use this design for other crafts such as knitting, cross-stitch, diamond beads painting, Hama beads, plastic canvas, and any other crafts that use pixelated images.
Please note, that this post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small percentage if you purchase any item through the links on this site, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Scroll down to read more about this pattern and to get the Free Graph for this design.
If you like this design, please Share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest here. Tag me @magicyarnpixels with your finished items, I would love to see how yours turn out.
Balloon Dog pattern details
Balloon Dog graph and finished project sizes
The size of the Balloon Dog graph is 100 squares high by 80 squares wide.
Just a heads up—the size of your project might turn out a bit different depending on what stitch you choose, the size of your hook, the yarn you use, and how tight you stitch.
Also, the amount of yarn you’ll need for each color may vary based on your technique, stitch choice, hook size, yarn weight, and tension.
Use the Finished Size & Yarn Quantity Calculator to get an idea of how much yarn you will need and how big your project will be.
Color palette for Balloon Dog design
I used these 4 colors: gray, black, blue, and dark blue to create this design, but feel free to use your own color palette. Have fun with it!
I’ve calculated the number of squares used by each color to make it easier for you to calculate how much yarn you will need to complete your project.
When you purchase the PDF Pattern from my Etsy shop, you will get:
- graph information (colors, links to calculators, contact info) and how to read the pattern
- digital image of the design on one page (digitally edited photo, not a picture of the finished item)
- the graph on one page
- written row by row pattern for tapestry crochet
- row by row color block pattern for tapestry crochet
- C2C written pattern with details such as working on the right or wrong side of the pattern, total square count per row, if you are making an increase or decrease row, etc.
- C2C color block pattern with color blocks that show you the number of squares to make and the squares’ orders
- the large graph split on multiple pages (4 or more pages)
Not included in the pattern file:
- yarn quantities – this depends on the yarn and technique you are using and it’s up to you and your taste if you want to do this design in c2c crochet, mini c2c, etc. Depending on the chosen technique, you will need different quantities of yarn which you can calculate using the yarn quantities calculators above.
- yarn and hook suggestions – this design can be made with any yarn brand and hook, the only difference will be the size of your project which you can calculate using the finished size calculators above.
- crochet tutorials such as how to c2c crochet etc – I might be linking to outside video tutorials to show you certain techniques, but this pattern is not designed to teach you how to crochet a certain technique.
Balloon Dog free graph download
Are you interested in trying out this design? You can easily get started and track your progress by downloading the free one-page graph below.
If you need the full row-by-row written pattern and the large graph on multiple pages, you can buy it from Magic Yarn Pixels Etsy Shop.
Right-click on the image to download the Balloon Dog Chart on one page in PNG format.
Buy the multipage graph & written pattern for Balloon Dog
Get the complete pattern below, including the row-by-row written pattern, color block pattern, and large graph on multiple pages.
Choose the option that suits you best to create an adorable blanket for your home.
Includes PDF Pattern + Help & Support
* TAX is added to the price based on your country of residence.
Love graphs? Want more value for your money? Join my Patreon family!
Your membership offers you 10 or 5 full PDF written patterns with multipage graph as sold in my shop. Below you can see this month’s crochet patterns.
Don’t forget to Pin this design for later and Share it with your friends. Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook for more designs.
Looking For Similar Designs?
- Crochet Jellyfish Pattern free C2C Graph
- C2C Crochet Pikachu Pokémon Blanket Free Pattern
- Corner To Corner Crochet Whitetail Deer Blanket With Free C2C Crochet Graph
- Fun Crochet Baby Blanket: Rubber Ducks In A Row C2C Pattern
- Balloon Dog C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Peek-A-Boo Teddy Bear C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Sleepy Little Teddy Bear C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Gold Fish In A Bowl C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
The pattern and images in this blog are the property of Magic Yarn Pixels, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. They are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc). Mass production of items using my designs is not allowed without my written approval. You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any circumstances.