Surprise a dog lover with this Border Collie design
You would love this Border Collie design if you’re a dog lover and especially own the same breed featured in this pattern.
Many people are fond of Border Collies for a number of reasons. Firstly, they are incredibly intelligent, learning new tricks quickly and making training much easier.
They are also very playful and enjoy interactive games and activities with their owners. May it be a tug-of-war, fetch, or puzzle toy—these canine companions are always up for any fun activity there is.
And because of these endearing qualities, I can’t help but make a crochet dog design with Border Collie as my inspiration.
This crochet Border Collie pattern calls for a black-and-white yarn color combination to depict the distinctive coat of the playful dog. However, as they come in a variety of coat patterns and colors, you can use a different color palette that will better portray your or your recipient’s Border Collie.
There is also a touch of blue and pink to highlight the dog’s other striking features and express the canine’s energetic nature.
Depending on your personal taste, you could leave the background plain white as the original design, or make it colorful and play around with multiple shades.
With this pattern’s versatility, you’ll be able to enjoy lots of crafts and arts. You can transform this design into a big c2c crochet Border Collie blanket or an impressive tapestry wall hanging in appreciation of your dear pet.
Whether you’re a novice or a seasoned crocheter, this is a project you would enjoy. It has easy-to-follow instructions and helpful tips, ideal for whatever skill level you’re at.
To assist you in tracking your progress, there are also small and large graphs that come with the pattern.
Additionally, you have the freedom to choose from two different approaches to complete your project.
You can either opt for tapestry crochet, utilizing the row-by-row pattern or try the c2c crochet method with the c2c pattern.
Should you prefer the latter, I have a comprehensive C2C crochet guide, complete with video tutorials, tips, and everything you need to familiarize the technique.
I’m excited to see your creation and how you will transform this design! Scroll down to grab your free crochet Border Collie chart and get started. Enjoy!
Border Collie is a digital download (available in PDF format only) that you can use to crochet a blanket using various techniques, such as C2C, Mini C2C, SC, HDC, Tapestry Crochet, etc.
You can also use this design for other crafts such as knitting, cross-stitch, diamond beads painting, Hama beads, plastic canvas, and any other crafts that use pixelated images.
Please note, that this post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small percentage if you purchase any item through the links on this site, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Scroll down to read more about this pattern and to get the Free Graph for this design.
If you like this design, please Share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest here. Tag me @magicyarnpixels with your finished items, I would love to see how yours turn out.
Border Collie pattern details
Border Collie Graph and finished project sizes
The size of the Border Collie graph is 100 squares high by 80 squares wide.
The size of your project depends on many things like your technique, stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, as well as your work tension.
Your technique and stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, and work tension affect the yarn quantity of each color you use.
Use the Finished Size & Yarn Quantity Calculator to get an idea of how much yarn you will need and how big your project will be.
Color Palette for Border Collie design
I created this design using the following colors: white, black, gray, pink, and blue, but you can play around with other color combinations.
I’ve calculated the number of squares used by each color to make it easier for you to calculate how much yarn you will need to complete your project.
When you purchase the PDF Pattern from my Etsy shop, you will get:
- graph information (colors, links to calculators, contact info) and how to read the pattern
- digital image of the design on one page (digitally edited photo, not a picture of the finished item)
- the graph on one page
- written row by row pattern for tapestry crochet
- row by row color block pattern for tapestry crochet
- C2C written pattern with details such as working on the right or wrong side of the pattern, total square count per row, if you are making an increase or decrease row, etc.
- C2C color block pattern with color blocks that show you the number of squares to make and the squares’ orders
- the large graph split on multiple pages (4 or more pages)
Not included in the pattern file:
- yarn quantities – this depends on the yarn and technique you are using and it’s up to you and your taste if you want to do this design in c2c crochet, mini c2c, etc. Depending on the chosen technique, you will need different quantities of yarn which you can calculate using the yarn quantities calculators above.
- yarn and hook suggestions – this design can be made with any yarn brand and hook, the only difference will be the size of your project which you can calculate using the finished size calculators above.
- crochet tutorials such as how to c2c crochet etc – I might be linking to outside video tutorials to show you certain techniques, but this pattern is not designed to teach you how to crochet a certain technique.
Border Collie free graph download
Want to give this design a try? Download the one page graph which you can use to keep track of your progress.
If you need the full row-by-row written pattern and the large graph on multiple pages, you can buy it from Magic Yarn Pixels Etsy Shop.
Right-click on the image to download the Border Collie Chart on one page in PNG format.
Buy the multipage graph & written pattern for Border Collie
Get the complete pattern below, including the row-by-row written pattern, color block pattern, and large graph on multiple pages.
Choose the option that suits you best to create a beautiful blanket for your home.
Includes PDF Pattern + Help & Support
* TAX is added to the price based on your country of residence.
Love graphs? Want more value for your money? Join my Patreon family!
Your membership offers you 10 or 5 full PDF written patterns with multipage graph as sold in my shop. Below you can see this month’s crochet patterns.
Don’t forget to Pin this design for later and Share it with your friends. Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook for more designs.
Looking For Similar Designs?
- Crochet Jellyfish Pattern free C2C Graph
- C2C Crochet Pikachu Pokémon Blanket Free Pattern
- Corner To Corner Crochet Whitetail Deer Blanket With Free C2C Crochet Graph
- Fun Crochet Baby Blanket: Rubber Ducks In A Row C2C Pattern
- Balloon Dog C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Peek-A-Boo Teddy Bear C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Sleepy Little Teddy Bear C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Gold Fish In A Bowl C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
The pattern and images in this blog are the property of Magic Yarn Pixels, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. They are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc). Mass production of items using my designs is not allowed without my written approval. You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any circumstances.