Here’s a new fantasy-inspired design: Medieval Dragon
This Medieval Dragon design is perfect if you or your loved ones are drawn to the world of these magical beings.
With this crochet dragon pattern, you’ll be able to make plenty of fantasy-inspired projects!
Lots of people are captivated by how mystical and unique dragons are, and I’m no exception. I like to incorporate them into my crochet patterns and design them in different styles.
And now, there’s a new addition to the mythical group. This crochet medieval dragon pattern is somewhat of a combination of those 3 designs because it looks cute and powerful at the same time.
It features a charming green-colored dragon with distinctive multiple horns on a bold, elegant purple background.
The mystical aesthetic and colorful print makes this design an ideal choice for recipients of all ages.
For instance, you can make a tapestry wall hanging out of it, and gift it to a friend or family who’s fond of dragons and other fantastical creatures.
They can mount it on a wall, and let it be an accent decoration for a room. It’s an ideal display of art to add color, texture, and medieval charm to any home.
You can use this design to create a c2c crochet dragon blanket that would impress the kids.
With the dragon’s captivating look and bright colors, the handmade blanket would be the little one’s favorite home item in no time.
Birthday, housewarming, Christmas, baby shower — whatever the occasion is, this design is something you can depend on to create fantasy-inspired handmade gifts.
New to crochet? No problem. I designed this pattern to be beginner-friendly, so novice crocheters can enjoy it just as much as seasoned crocheters do.
It comes with small and large graphs and is available in both c2c crochet and row-by-row patterns.
This way, you can have the freedom to choose whatever stitch and technique you’re more comfortable with to complete your project.
If you’re interested to try the corner-to-corner technique, I hope you find this in-depth c2c crochet guide helpful.
And if you wish to start on this project right away, there’s a crochet dragon chart below you can download for free. Enjoy!
Medieval Dragon is a digital download (available in PDF format only) that you can use to crochet a blanket using various techniques, such as C2C, Mini C2C, SC, HDC, Tapestry Crochet, etc.
You can also use this design for other crafts such as knitting, cross-stitch, diamond beads painting, Hama beads, plastic canvas, and any other crafts that use pixelated images.
Please note, that this post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small percentage if you purchase any item through the links on this site, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Scroll down to read more about this pattern and to get the Free Graph for this design.
If you like this design, please Share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest here. Tag me @magicyarnpixels with your finished items, I would love to see how yours turn out.
Medieval Dragon pattern details
Medieval Dragon Graph and finished project sizes
The size of the Medieval Dragon graph is 100 squares high by 80 squares wide.
The size of your finished project depends on a number of things, such as your technique, stitch of choice, hook size, yarn weight, and work tension.
Based on the same factors above, the yarn quantities you use for each color may vary.
Use the Finished Size & Yarn Quantity Calculator to get an idea of how much yarn you will need and how big your project will be.
Color Palette for Medieval Dragon design
The original graph calls for 5 colors: white, purple, black, orange, and green, but feel free to use your own color palette.
I’ve calculated the number of squares used by each color to make it easier for you to calculate how much yarn you will need to complete your project.
When you purchase the PDF Pattern from my Etsy shop, you will get:
- graph information (colors, links to calculators, contact info) and how to read the pattern
- digital image of the design on one page (digitally edited photo, not a picture of the finished item)
- the graph on one page
- written row by row pattern for tapestry crochet
- row by row color block pattern for tapestry crochet
- C2C written pattern with details such as working on the right or wrong side of the pattern, total square count per row, if you are making an increase or decrease row, etc.
- C2C color block pattern with color blocks that show you the number of squares to make and the squares’ orders
- the large graph split on multiple pages (4 or more pages)
Not included in the pattern file:
- yarn quantities – this depends on the yarn and technique you are using and it’s up to you and your taste if you want to do this design in c2c crochet, mini c2c, etc. Depending on the chosen technique, you will need different quantities of yarn which you can calculate using the yarn quantities calculators above.
- yarn and hook suggestions – this design can be made with any yarn brand and hook, the only difference will be the size of your project which you can calculate using the finished size calculators above.
- crochet tutorials such as how to c2c crochet etc – I might be linking to outside video tutorials to show you certain techniques, but this pattern is not designed to teach you how to crochet a certain technique.
Medieval Dragon free graph download
Want to give this design a try? Download the one page graph which you can use to keep track of your progress.
If you need the full row-by-row written pattern and the large graph on multiple pages, you can buy it from Magic Yarn Pixels Etsy Shop.
Right-click on the image to download the Medieval Dragon Chart on one page in PNG format.
Buy the multipage graph & written pattern for Medieval Dragon
Get the complete pattern below, including the row-by-row written pattern, color block pattern, and large graph on multiple pages.
Choose the option that suits you best to create a beautiful blanket for your home.
Includes PDF Pattern + Help & Support
* TAX is added to the price based on your country of residence.
Love graphs? Want more value for your money? Join my Patreon family!
Your membership offers you 10 or 5 full PDF written patterns with multipage graph as sold in my shop. Below you can see this month’s crochet patterns.
Don’t forget to Pin this design for later and Share it with your friends. Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook for more designs.
Looking For Similar Designs?
- Cute Baby Dragon C2C Crochet Pattern For Year Of The Dragon
- Pink Unicorn C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- T Rex Dinosaur C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Choo Choo Train C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Space Rocket C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- D&D D20 Dice C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Medieval Dragon C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Bee Gnome C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
The pattern and images in this blog are the property of Magic Yarn Pixels, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. They are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc). Mass production of items using my designs is not allowed without my written approval. You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any circumstances.