Launching a new adorable design: the Space Rocket!
Get ready for an out-of-this-world creative exploration with this Space Rocket design! This new pattern can easily be incorporated into various aspects of your life—whether for decorative, functional, or playful purposes.
Space exploration has always captured the human imagination. I, for one, am fascinated with all the missions, rocket launches, and space exploration I see online and on the news.
Knowing that even adults are amazed by these space adventures, it’s safe to say that many kids are obsessed with them. So if your little ones also dream of becoming NASA astronauts, scientists, or engineers, this design is a treat for you!
This pattern features a colorful and playful print, highlighting a space rocket on a starry galaxy. I used different shades of blue for the background and added a pop of color with yellow, red, and orange.
You can make a rainbow-colored rocket, use up your scrap yarns, and turn it into a stash-busting project. Or if you want to create a 3D-looking blanket, you can crochet some stars and planet appliques to embellish your work and add dimension.
A space-themed nursery is pretty popular nowadays and this blanket is perfect for such nursery décor. You draped your creation over a crib, hung it on the wall, or used it as a cozy cover for a nursing chair.
Another thing you can do is turn the blanket into an oversized wall hanging by attaching a rod to the top edge. Hang it on the wall as a piece of space-themed artwork to enhance the décor of a room.
The space rocket crochet blanket can also double as a prop for space-themed photoshoots, whether for birthdays or fun family photos.
In need of a play mat for the kiddos? Lay the blanket on the floor, and watch the space rocket design spark imaginative play among the children. Not only it is engaging, but it also serves as a soft and cushioned surface for playtime.
Whether displayed on a couch or bed or hung as a wall decoration, a space rocket-inspired crochet blanket can be an excellent conversation starter when guests visit your home. It’s a unique and eye-catching piece that can spark interesting discussions.
The best part? You can take on this project regardless of your skill level since the pattern is easy to follow and can be used to make projects using various crochet stitches. These include SC, HDC, DC, tapestry, and C2C crochet.
Speaking of C2C, I have a beginner-friendly C2C guide you can check out if you have never tried the corner-to-corner crochet technique. This detailed C2C guide, together with the multiple graphs and formats that come with the full pattern, is a great combination to complete your blanket easily.
If you’re ready to make a space-themed blanket of your own, keep on scrolling to download the free single-page space rocket graph below. Enjoy!
Space Rocket is a digital download (available in PDF format only) that you can use to crochet a blanket using various techniques, such as C2C, Mini C2C, SC, HDC, Tapestry Crochet, etc.
You can also use this design for other crafts such as knitting, cross-stitch, diamond beads painting, Hama beads, plastic canvas, and any other crafts that use pixelated images.
Please note, that this post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small percentage if you purchase any item through the links on this site, but it will be at no cost to you. You can see my full disclosure policy here. Thank you for supporting my work and this blog.
Scroll down to read more about this pattern and to get the Free Graph for this design.
If you like this design, please Share and Pin! Follow me on Pinterest here. Tag me @magicyarnpixels with your finished items, I would love to see how yours turn out.
Space Rocket pattern details
Space Rocket graph and finished project sizes
The size of the Space Rocket graph is 100 squares high by 80 squares wide.
Depending on your choice of stitch, technique, hook size, yarn, and tension, your project may come out in different sizes.
The amount of yarn required for each color varies based on multiple factors, such as technique used, stitch type, hook size, yarn weight, and tension.
Use the Finished Size & Yarn Quantity Calculator to get an idea of how much yarn you will need and how big your project will be.
Color palette for Space Rocket design
You can customize the colors used in this pattern, but the original design includes blue, black, yellow, red, gray, light blue, and orange.
I’ve calculated the number of squares used by each color to make it easier for you to calculate how much yarn you will need to complete your project.
When you purchase the PDF Pattern from my Etsy shop, you will get:
- graph information (colors, links to calculators, contact info) and how to read the pattern
- digital image of the design on one page (digitally edited photo, not a picture of the finished item)
- the graph on one page
- written row by row pattern for tapestry crochet
- row by row color block pattern for tapestry crochet
- C2C written pattern with details such as working on the right or wrong side of the pattern, total square count per row, if you are making an increase or decrease row, etc.
- C2C color block pattern with color blocks that show you the number of squares to make and the squares’ orders
- the large graph split on multiple pages (4 or more pages)
Not included in the pattern file:
- yarn quantities – this depends on the yarn and technique you are using and it’s up to you and your taste if you want to do this design in c2c crochet, mini c2c, etc. Depending on the chosen technique, you will need different quantities of yarn which you can calculate using the yarn quantities calculators above.
- yarn and hook suggestions – this design can be made with any yarn brand and hook, the only difference will be the size of your project which you can calculate using the finished size calculators above.
- crochet tutorials such as how to c2c crochet etc – I might be linking to outside video tutorials to show you certain techniques, but this pattern is not designed to teach you how to crochet a certain technique.
Space Rocket free graph download
Would you like to give this design a shot? If so, download the one-page graph below and you’ll be all set to begin and track your progress. It’s free!
If you need the full row-by-row written pattern and the large graph on multiple pages, you can buy it from Magic Yarn Pixels Etsy Shop.
Right-click on the image to download the Space Rocket Chart on one page in PNG format.
Buy the multipage graph & written pattern for Space Rocket
Get the complete pattern below, including the row-by-row written pattern, color block pattern, and large graph on multiple pages.
Choose the option that suits you best to create an adorable blanket for your home.
Includes PDF Pattern + Help & Support
* TAX is added to the price based on your country of residence.
Love graphs? Want more value for your money? Join my Patreon family!
Your membership offers you 10 or 5 full PDF written patterns with multipage graph as sold in my shop. Below you can see this month’s crochet patterns.
Don’t forget to Pin this design for later and Share it with your friends. Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook for more designs.
Looking For Similar Designs?
- Cute Baby Dragon C2C Crochet Pattern For Year Of The Dragon
- Pink Unicorn C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- T Rex Dinosaur C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Choo Choo Train C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Space Rocket C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- D&D D20 Dice C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Medieval Dragon C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
- Bee Gnome C2C Crochet Pattern & Free Graph
The pattern and images in this blog are the property of Magic Yarn Pixels, don’t use them to advertise your own creations. They are subject to copyright and are for personal, non-commercial use only.
You can sell the items made with this pattern on a small scale if you made them yourself (e.g. handmade to order or sold at fairs etc). Mass production of items using my designs is not allowed without my written approval. You may not distribute or sell this pattern under any circumstances.